Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall

It doesn't feel like fall at all. It's so hot and sticky all I keep hearing is how everyone is ready for cooler weather. The heat index has been in the hundreds. But you can tell it's fall because all the halloween decorations are starting to come out. Even our dog has gotten into the act.






VB wrote a poem about fall:


The Day Fall Fell


When I walk outside I can


see the leaves changing


colors. Everybody is


making turkey. The


smell of the pumpkin


pie feels like it's standing


next to me. All the


children playing in


the streets. I love


to feel the coldness


of the air.


Fall where are you??????????


Also I snapped another visitor to our little lake.


It's a Great Blue Heron. They stay in this area year round but they are a migratory bird and are found all over. There most be a lot of tasty treats in there for the birds. Probably frogs. I'm surprised he didn't fly north to get some cooler weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.