Friday, December 11, 2009

Thanksgiving




In this picture I'm wearing an apron my mom made for me a long time ago. When I was little I remember her wearing one similar to it every year at Thanks giving as she prepared the meal. People don't where aprons anymore and it's a shame. They just say something about the cook and let you know when it's time to eat. When the apron comes off.


Some people sat around and enjoyed hors devours and others enjoyed checking out guns. For some reason we had an odd amount of guns at Thanksgiving. Which is even stranger when you consider no one went turkey hunting this year. Maybe next year we will. But I'm saying right here and now I do not pluck or clean birds. I just cook them.



And here is the yummy yummy star of the show. Before carving you should always check the internal temperature of your bird or you'll end up like we did with it being a little too pink. But it was not a problem we popped it back in for a while longer and it came out just fine. All in all I'd say the food was pretty good and the company was even better. Can't wait to do it again next year. Oh, and yes we have been enjoying turkey soup and turkey sandwiches and turkey, turkey, turkey. MMMM....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.