Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yumm... Figs!

We haven't been expecting much out of the fig tree we planted the beginning of the year but I guess it has been loving all this hot weather because that tiny little spec of a tree is loaded with figs. It's no more than two feet tall. But we will probably get a whole bushel of figs from it.

Can't wait to taste them. If the pests don't get them first. We have been swamped with little snails the size of my pinky fingernail. They have munched and slimmed my little orange tree almost to death.  I also found a locus on our mini palm. I don't think they eat palm fronds but I definitely did not want him to find our fruit trees. Chris exterminated him for me. He looks so less creepy here than in real life.
While we were checking out the yard there was this beautiful double rainbow over head. It was so vivid. Every color was popping. It was almost like someone painted it there.
Here is both sides of it. You can't really see the one on top in the picture but it was spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.