Saturday, January 8, 2011

My immortals.

My grandmother always had these little porcelain figurines of people for me. They were so creepy I left them in a box. Until the other day when I decided to get rid of some of the junk in my closet. Seems like there were more of these creepy little people but I could be wrong.There were about six little people all together.   
My mud men

 Any way they are all just about three inches high. When I was little I would imagine they had tiny conversations and did stuff with each other. Any way I looked them all up on the computer to see if they had any value. Three of them I found out were Chinese mud men. They are actually made out of mud. The story behind them is really interesting. They represent immortals and each one is different and each one has a special power.


The one that's in the best condition.

 There are ten thousand immortals and they have little stories that teach different values. There eight main martial arts immortals. I was hoping mine would be one of the eight but after researching it I don't think they are. Only one of the mud men are in good condition the other two are chipped. The mud men  are supposed to be good luck and watch over who ever has them. It's nice to think I've had a little immortal watching over me all these years. I think I will be keeping all these little people and let them out of their box and into my china cabinet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.