Sunday, August 28, 2011

Kitchen Garden Day.

 So I had planned to clean up what was left of the garden and get it ready for fall which is all winter long hear in Florida, but I got a little side tracked. I did pick the last of the vegetables that were growing. Two really pathetic looking egg plants.

Home grown eggplants.
I had stopped at a road side stand and purchased an eggplant earlier in the week. Mine didn't quite measure up. They must have been using some sort of chemicals to make their egg plants look so good. Or maybe they were using GMO seeds. Ha! Just look at my prized egg plants compared to the real thing. OK mine barely resemble an egg plant but they tasted just as good. Well, not the little one it was a little rotten. One of them was smaller than the other! I know they are both little. Any way fall garden plans are shaping up. Squash, maybe some carrots. I'm definitely going to try some more broccoli and the thing that grows best in my sand is....tomatoes so I'll plant some of those too. 



My eggplants just don't measure up.
I made a great spaghetti and eggplant with these click the recipe tab above to view the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.