Sunday, January 22, 2012

Changes are coming to the blog!

This is not my yard but the yard of a friend in Geneva Florida.

Watch out I plan on making some changes around here! I'm hopping to  get a land slide in money this year from this site. I haven't really made any yet. I hope to post more stuff about our daily life. I'm going to be leaving out first names....You know in case we get too famous. So the oldest daughter will be known as giraffe and the youngest... some thing like that darn teenager etc. Ha! My husband will probably be the old man. And I'm just me.
I plan on posting more of our recipes on the recipe page and most of my recipes come with a story of how we found it or came up with it. Not just tried this new recipe and we actually don't eat that or never ate before and have no real reason to eat it. Also you may notice more healthy eats. Just like all Americans I'm worried about the quality of food that  we consume. Since the nation just keeps getting bigger and unhealthier. So now I'm looking to eat better food. But I don't like fake food. Or replacement foods like instead of sugar or butter try this stuff your body can't process and it may give you cancer or some other disease. You will have to check in to see what we're eating now.

This should be an exciting year. The giraffe is pregnant and in the army so she is literally about to have an official little army brat! New Grandma issues. (I'm too young!!!) So..... some time in February we should be taking a trip to the frigid land of the north where Giraffe girl is stationed, out west. And we will have all kinds of interesting pictures from there. My sister K lives out that way as does my brother J and we hope to see them when we are up that way too.

Also this year come hook or crook we have got to paint this darn house. So you'll have that to look forward to. And we'd like to start replacing the windows and the front door. So if we can come up with the funds we will be doing that.

Also I have this great idea for the back yard. I heard a wonderful inexpensive way to landscape in Florida is to just corden off an area and let mother nature plant what she will. So we plan on giving that a try. Of course we will be giving mother nature some help here and there.

And I've already got great ideas for the garden, which we will start late this year since we will be welcoming the new little army brat at that time.

Also there will be trips to the beach and relatives visiting and hopefully some camping. Cause we love camping and hiking.
Who knows what this year will provide us. Hopefully lots of opportunity's for fun and exploring. So check back as often as you like to see what we are up to now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.