Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanks Giving Cheese Balls

This year for Thanksgiving we are going to my Aunts house. It's the first time in about fourteen years we haven't hosted the big day, so it's exciting for us this year to let some one else make the turkey and deal with the dreaded clean up. We are tasked with glazed carrots and cheese balls and rolls. They didn't have the flavor of ball I wanted, when I went to the store, so I decided to make my own since the recipe was so easy. I think they came out pretty good but we wont know for sure till we take them to my Aunts house.

 We also had to have nuts in the shell. I don't know why you can only get nuts in the shell at Thanksgiving time  but they are always a sign of the season at my house. They remind me of my grandfather and discussing which nuts are the best and what the names of the nuts were and where each nut can be found. It's strange the small things that remind you of long past relatives. Each Thanksgiving food reminds me of some one special to me.

And a pomegranate cause they are good. When I was a child in California we used to get them fresh from a neighbors tree. They were a real stolen treasure since the neighbor never new that they had given them to us. The little red jewels found inside were better than candy. I always imagined I'd have  a crown with jewels in it the color of those seeds.

Cheese balls all done and wrapped up ready for the feast.
 
Every one always discusses what they are thankful or grateful for at Thanksgiving and people seem to appreciate the small things in their lives just a little more. I guess I'm no different because even though I can't be with everyone I want to be with, I sure am thankful for the ones I will be with.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.