Friday, January 25, 2013

Party Animals

So I was headed to Tampa to do training for work. I had one meeting early in the morning and one later that night. So knowing how I hate to drive in heavy traffic my wonderful husband offered to drive me. He figured he would get some fishing done and then just hang out at the hotel or what ever till my meetings were over. The meeting took place at the  Best Western Bay Harbor Hotel on Rocky Point in the conference room. He packed his lunch and then the plan was we would meet up between meetings for dinner.

Traffic heading into Tampa

The conference part of the hotel was right next to Hogan's Beach restaurant which just happened to be owned by Hulk Hogan himself and my husband and his fishing buddy just happen to be long time fans of wrestling so they had a good time looking around at all the belts and Hogan memorabilia in the lobby part between the conference room and restaurant/bar. After they dropped me off  they went fishing as planned but didn't have much luck. I had a great lunch at Hogan's Beach the food was large portions and very tasty lot's to choose from.
One of the many belts from the legendary Hulk Hogan's collection of stuff at Hogan's beach.


 When my meeting was over and it was time to go get dinner we all met up again. That's when they learned Jimmy Hart was staying at the hotel, we ran into him in the parking lot.

Jimmy Hart and his crazed fans. ha ha!




We went to dinner at Whiskey Joes right across the way from Hogans Beech. It was really nice. Right on the water. Good food, good service. Lot's of fun and then we came back for the other meeting I had to attend. They were suppose to go fish some more. Or maybe catch a movie or something while they wait for me.
View from our table at Whiskey Joe's. Right on the water.


All of a sudden in the middle of my really important meeting I hear really loud singing coming from Hogans Beach. I just knew. I thought someone is going to come and get me and kick us all out any time now. But no. Those guys had hooked back up with Jimmy and the owner of the hotel, Ben. They were having the time of their life.  Needless to say I drove home.
At Hogan's Beach

There may have been volley ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.