Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mary and Reese

Veronica


Friday we all went and had our eyes checked. Turns out Chris and I both need glasses. I kind of knew because I couldn't see to read. My arm kept getting farther and farther away when I was reading. In a way I was hoping it was caused by a piece of dirt I had got in my eye last year. That way I wouldn't have to admit to old age. But then the doctor said "Generally at around 42 everyone needs glasses." But I'm not 42 yet.



That old age has been just creeping up on me. Pretty soon they'll be talking about which old folk home to put me in. This year Veronica will turn 13 and that makes her officially a teenager. And that's not the worst, Erica is going to be 21 on her next birthday. Oh, the tragedy. It's all down hill from here. Memory loss, aches, pains, hearing aid. I'm almost old.


1 comment:

  1. Join the club. We all get there some day. Some sooner than others. Think on the good side the getting old - discounts for the elderly is nothing to sneeze at. It's when they automatically give you the discount when they just look at you - that really hurts! But take it anyway with a smile because every penny counts. We consider McDonald's senior coffee a blessing.

    Next you'll be getting on the mailing list for AARP magazine.

    Nice pictures of you and Veronica.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.