Sunday, May 24, 2009

Turtle


A Turtle






I let Reese out this morning to do his morning business and he started barking like crazy. I went out to check on him and he had found this unusual turtle. It's a soft shell or trionychine. They eat them in Asia. It crawled out of the pond and went into the front yard and crossed the street. So I guess it's a good thing we don't have a fence or he wouldn't have been able to leave our yard. It had a snorkel nose and every so often would stop and put it's head way up in the air and look around like a periscope.



Last night just before it started to pour rain I got a picture of this Blue Heron. It's not that good of a picture I need a better camera.


We are always seeing something new come out of our little lake. Right now there is a flock of black birds that roost on the cat tails at night. And we are always seeing a flock of white Ibis I think they live in there too. And the frogs are so loud you can hear them in the house with all the windows closed. It's a frog pond.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a snapping turtle to me... Frogs are good for you lake.. They eat bugs and mosquito's and ???
    Your pictures are good... Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.