Sunday, August 30, 2009

Yard sale


Sunday waiting at the yard sale.

This is what was left.
So we started out I've got some junk I think I'll have a yard sale because I'm so broke. I'm not a big yard saler but I know the general routine. Then..... my aunt who just moved said "I've got so much junk and stuff I've just got to eliminate. How about you sell it at your yard sale." She is a professional yard saler so I knew I would get some good stuff. So OK Now I've got some real stuff to sell. A race car bed, a computer table, some glass things. I'm thinking I'm going to clean up. I almost sold the bed to a lady at work and another wants to come by Friday to preview my junk.


So Friday I sold $5 worth of stuff to my friend. I thought "Wow I'm going to do great."

Saturday I woke up bright and early and started dragging all the stuff out into the drive way. Pretty soon my friend showed up with three big tubs of stuff and said "I was going to give this away do you want to sell it first." So OK now I've got an amazing amount of stuff to sell. Then my mom showed up and she brought me a van full of stuff to sell. Now I've got so much stuff. Before I knew it I had a yard full of people. One guy was kind of funny. He looked at all my stuff and as he was paying me for some of it he says "you've got nothing good here. I this looks like something but it's not. It's all junk." Then he starts rushing me and saying he has more yard sales to get to. Man it must be really stressful to drive around all day looking at peoples junk that they don't want anymore trying to find some thing that's not actually junk. Most of the people were really nice and I was surprised at all the junk that people did buy. We did all right at .05 for most of the items. .25 for cloths. .50 for shoes. We made almost $40. I was excited and no one even made an offer on the bed.

So Sunday We marked the bed down. We marked the computer stand down. I got got up bright and early again. Dragged stuff down. I expected most people would show up after church but I sat there just in case. And I sat there. One lady came by all day. We made three dollars. Now the computer table and the bed have a sign on them that say free. But no one will take them. Oh well. Guess you just have to do yard sales on Saturday. I didn't know that. But we had fun and plan on having another one in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.