Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cold

The Cold!


It has been cold here in Florida. You can tell because unlike up north where snow blankets the trees and bushes we have blankets on our trees and bushes in hopes they don't all freeze. The picture above is not our house but is a good example of covers. some are white and some are black but I think this guy got every bush he could reach.


We chose to wait to plant our blue berries and it's a good thing that we did. We still don't have much of anything in the yard so we didn't cover anything. We had some small palms but we decided if they freeze so be it.


It is almost a crisis situation here in Central Florida. We are not use to more than two or three days of temps that fall below 32 degrees. Some schools, down in Orlando, had no heat this morning for the kids because of power outages. Most of our kids had to search for cloths that would keep them warm enough. Almost no one owns a down coat and thermals, what's that? And then once warm cloths were found, threats of death had to be used to get the kids to where them.
We have several homeless people who live in the national forest, a place called tent city, I prey all of them found better shelter. I saw one who must have wondered into town to escape the cold. I hope he found a better place than the empty gas station he was planing to stay at.

Also there are fish dropping dead left and right at the beaches and inter coastal water way. I worry about our more exotic creatures. I did see a pair of sand hill cranes today. I wonder if they have enough since to fly further south. The creatures in the springs will do well because the water stays a balmy 72 degrees year round. I bet they are packed with manatees.

There is rain predicted for Friday night and more cold weather. Hopefully it's not going to be snow or freezing rain I don't think anyone would know what to do. And the roads....don't get me started.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.