Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What's cooking?

Hi! Here's what's cooking... as little as possible, it's too hot!
This time of year we are always buying melons, watermelon,cantaloupe,honeydew, and they only get half eaten. So the other day I finally broke down and bought a melon baller. I sliced the cantaloupe in half and the other half sat in the frig as usual so I balled it up. And it was eaten by the end of the day. I froze the balls so they weren't just a fun shape they were a cold treat as well. It's easy to do. 
After you scoop the melon to nothing, you take the little balls and spread them out, on a cookie sheet or a flat tray, so they don't touch. Then freeze. Once frozen you can put the balls into a Tupperware dish and you've got frozen balls instead of a melon rotting in the frig.

Here's another good recipe I made up. There is heat involved so some of you may not be interested at this time.But the rest of you... I had some fresh broccoli left over from putting it in summer salads and dipping it for a snack. Mmm.... fresh broccoli. I also had half a bag of egg noodles and some mozzarella left over from pizza topping but not enough to do anything with. So... I combined them! Here is the recipe give or take on the measurements
Creamy Broccoli Noodles.
Fresh broccoli-chopped small
1/2 bag of egg noodles
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/2 stick of butter
1/2cup of parmasan
1/2 cup of milk
Garlic powder 
smidgen of oregano
Put broccoli in water bring to boil. Add egg noodles cook till desired doneness of the noodles. Do not over cook the broccoli.(broccoli should be mushy but doesn't have to be you could add it later.) Drain.  Then add butter and mozzarella stir till melted. Then add Parmesan, garlic (to taste) and oregano stir. Add milk till desired creaminess. Stirring well.
Serve as a hearty side dish.
For those of you who eat chicken I bet you could stir some cooked chicken in and call it dinner!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. It sounds good. I will try it. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the broc & Chicken a lot. Try it with Swiss instead!!! Mmmmmm!!! From : Kim "Cosmos" McKinney

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.