Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving



Mom


We had a great Thanksgiving. Mom and Karen stopped by and we all pigged out all day long. As usual it was more than my Mom's delicate stomach could take and she got a little sick from it but lately everything she eats upsets her stomach. She likes that spicy food despite what it does to her and was eating bar-b-qed lil smokies with Italian sausages and short ribs that she made in the slow cooker. They were good but her stomach didn't like it. She also may have eaten some habanero BBQ almonds that she brought just for us. Then we served her some bodacious onion dip that had horseradish in it that probly didn't help. She also brought some fish dip that was mostly fishy but also spicy. Not to mention all the good thanksgiving foods. To yummy for her to take.





 Me checking on the bird.
I belive in dirtying all the dishes at thanksgiving or at least that always seems to be what happens. Usually I start off cooking and washing each dish as I go then I realize I'm in over my head and call in Chris, my husband the pro, who comes out and saves the diner but destroys the whole kitchen in the process.
This year I had a bottle of spiced wine that I picked up when I was in Kansas. We mulled it with some oranges and cinnamon sticks in a pot on the back of the stove and the aroma was fantastic. But we also had to have a taste of it and turns out I like warm wine.



Erica, Mary(me), and Veronica
We all tried to spend as much time with Erica as possible because she is leaving Monday for Korea and we wont get to see her for two years. She is excited about visiting a new culture and seeing a different part of the world but with all the bad news coming out of Korea lately we are all on edge about it. 





 Since there were only a few of us this year we used the good dishes and crystal. The table looked great. The turkey got carved before I could get a good picture of it. Mom made a sweet potatoe pie with raisons and pecans in it that was fantastic I had to wait a few hours after dinner before I could eat it. 
Evan the dog was passed out after ward. That turkey sure was good and the leftovers are going to be even better! Shortly after this picture Erica and some friends got ready to do black Friday. They were going out shopping with the plan that they would not stop until they were tottaly broke or dead tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.