Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fountain of youth.

A woman with a thick British accent asked "Sorry sir I must ask What has happened to you? Where did you come from?"

I found myself washed up on a beach in Florida. Or at least I think it was Florida. I was sailing just off the coast. I was beaten and bruised. My mined reeling. I had seen my whole crew and my ship ripped apart by wind. It was as if hands had come from the storm and literally tore everything. I stayed with the ship until the last timber went in the water. Then I dove away. I leaped into the air and it was if that great hand caught me and I flew forever before I hit the ocean and blacked out.

My head ached, it was as if I couldn't put thought together. I was sure I had a concussion and knew I needed to find people fast. I wondered up and down the beach for a while before interring the jungle. I had traversed jungle before and knew it would be hard going with out a blade but I continued on avoiding all peril. Eventually I came upon a small cave opening. There were jewels, coins and bits of old food, stale bread, scattered about the entrance. It was a  sure sign that people were about. I was starved so I ate the stale bread. It must have been some sort of grave offering I thought. It was getting dark and it seemed as good refuge as any so I entered the cave. It was unimpressive, limestone grey walls. I had to bend down for about a good six feet before I could finally stand upright. When I did there was a strong breeze. It didn't just blow at me but all around me as if beckoning me to come farther into the cave.

When my eyes adjusted I could see the back of the cave had a squared off area. Some one must have tried to carved a room I thought. I stood in that area for a bit. And then it was as if I knew what to do. I don't remember what I did for sure. Something with the rock. Pushed it, turned it. It was smooth. And then the water came... trickling at first... from a shelf area above. It didn't run down the wall like I expected but away from it. The water itself wasn't normal, there was light in it, sparkles were mixed in but it didn't feel like sand. It felt wonderful and the sight of it. It wasn't as the glow of the sun as it set but more like the moon when it dances upon the water. There was no light to be reflected but there it was. The cool soft water eased my cuts and bruises. I stood there in it as if I were soaking it right into my skin. I drank gallons of it. I felt the water as it passed down my throat and into my body. I felt it as my body absorbed it and I felt it in my mind. As things that had troubled me were suddenly washed away. Dirt was washed from me. My cuts were washed off and the bruises. I felt clean, a clean I had never felt before. I stood there with this strange water feeling its comfort until......until.............  I was here in this bed with no idea how I got here or where I was.

Mybe it's in a cave like this.

Or maybe the cave is now under water like this.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment.