Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Mt. Dora Art Festival.

We had a great time at the Art Festival. There were over 300,000 people there. We went early on Sunday and avoided most of them. There were over 285 artist entered into the festival. There was $21,000 in awards. Categories included: Clay Artists, Fine Crafts, Glass and Metal, Jewelry, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, and Watercolor.
Besides getting to see all this great art there was all kinds of live entertainment to enjoy as well. We really









We arrives around 11:00 am. After church let out that place really got packed. We were lucky to get a parking space right on the street only about two blocks away.


The main idea is to walk up and down and see as much art as you can stand with out being trampled to death. Every once in a while ducking into a booth that has something you really like. I think the rest of this blog will be the art as it speaks for itself. Also some of it I wrote across because one of the artist who would not let me take any pictures explained to me "I don't know what your going to do with that picture and you could reproduce my art." So don't do that. Just appreciate!



This harp player and flutist were really good. We stopped and listened for a little while.

This guy had made his own instruments and they sounded pretty good. I'm not sure what they were called.

This guy was singing in Spanish and in French I don't know what he was saying but it sounded really pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.