Saturday, February 6, 2010

back yard picnic

We were suppose attend to the 35Th Mt. Dora Art Festival today to see the 285 artist that have displays but Erica had a future soldier training to go to, so we will be going tomorrow because she really wants to go with us. I will  put up pictures of it tomorrow if I get a chance. We usually dress artistically and after ward we usually have fancy art inspired foods but since it's the super bowl tomorrow we decided we would just have to have the art food today. Because you can't eat fancy art food for the super bowl. It's just not right.
Veronica was sitting around board in the back yard yesterday and  wanted to have a picnic but it was too cold and windy today so we ate at the table and put the picnic off for another day. 
One of the foods I always like to make that feels fancy to me and that is different than just cucumber sandwiches is taboule wraps. I came up with the recipe one day just off the top of my head.
The ingredients are:
taboule salad
cream cheese
ham
and tortillas

I just mix the cream cheese up with some Italian seasoning (mostly garlic) and use that as a spread. than make a layer on the tortilla with ham and the taboule salad. Taboule salad is Mediterranean. It's made out of Parsley, tomatoes, Bulgar (cracked wheat), onions and olive oil. I find it at the deli in our store. I'm not sure exactly what cracked wheat is. I think it's just like wheat that's not ground or something. Any way....just roll them up and slice at about an inch for each one. The longer they sit the better they taste. They are good to take to impress people at a pot luck.
My kids like them so you know they are good.

 I also bought little petit fours at the bakery. Mmm.... Those little cakes are so good.
We sat around and ate our fancy art lunch with out going to the art fair but we definitely will be going tomorrow. I can't wait. Later tonight is the Bud Shoot Out. Chris wasn't sure if he would be working or not this Saturday so we decided to just watch it at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.