Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday, Oh Holiday and it's the best one of the year!

Merry Christmas!!
I saw Santa at work. He said it was hot so he had to take his coat off. It was December 23rd. So he was in a hurry to get his mail and get up North!

Shopping:
This year was a little crazy. OK maybe I was a little crazy. Let me explain... I actually went shopping on Christmas Eve. See that's when we both got paid so it made since at the time. And then.... OMG! Never again! In fact I vowed to start shopping as soon as possible for next year. The stores were packed with even crazier people all clamoring for that last minute gift or...maybe because everyone got paid on Friday. What ever, never again!

Unfortunately today...day after Christmas I decided to do my returns. What was I thinking? Well, I thought no one would be crazy enough to go out the day after Christmas. I was wrong! After all I was that crazy.  The sales were great though and I couldn't resist. I got a few ornaments for next year and bought a couple of presents for next year too. I'm so proud of myself I've started my Christmas shopping before anyone. I'll be done by the forth of July.

A Great Deal
I did get a great deal on this dog sweater. I heard that the temperature was suppose to go down to the teens. In Florida!! Central Florida! Anyway our dog, Reese's has never  been in cold weather. Dogs get cold too. I just new he would appreciate this great sweater to keep him warm. The dog didn't feel the same way. He doesn't like the great dog sweater at all. He is making his most annoyed face in these pictures.
CHRISTMAS
But...Christmas day was a lot of fun. Gramme came by and we had so much fun we forgot all about taking any pictures the only picture we got was Chris holding this piece of sugar cane my Aunt sent over. And he's making a face in it. This sugar cane was really good. The idea is too peal off the woody outer part and suck on the inner pulp, which is sweat. Well, before anyone could say anything Chris went after it with his butcher knife and nearly hacked off his finger. Luckily he only nicked it. The sugar cane is a Florida thing and  my mom remembers when she was a little girl, in Jacksonville, and used to sneak over to the neighbors and they'd come looking for her and find her bobbing up and down on the shoulders of the neighbor sucking on a stalk of sugar cane. 
Our Soldier
I spoke to Erica on the skype. She was very excited to get a Christmas card from a kid back home. It's true those cards kids make for soldiers over seas do mean a lot. Even though she was so far away, thanks to skype we were able to visit with her. We miss her so much and are praying for her every day.
Merry Christmas to everyone can't wait for New Years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.